I haven’t written in a while.
I mean, sure, I’m currently taking a summer English class at community college for which I’m currently working on a 10+ page paper about gun control, and not too long ago I posted about how spectacular “The Perks of Being A Wallflower” is (because duh). But in terms of actually writing something, I haven’t done it in a while.
In fact, I haven’t done much of anything in a while.
My daily routine has consisted of a) going to class, which is a complete and total waste of time, b) babysitting my sister all day every day, c) wasting hours upon hours on the Internet doing absolutely nothing, and I actually think I’m getting carpal tunnel because of it, d) Netflix binges, e) reading, and f) napping/sleeping. Needless to say, summer 2k14 has not been the most exciting.
I’ve often found myself sitting and thinking, “Should I write something?” only to follow that thought with a “meh” and continue watching documentaries on Netflix (“Jesus Camp” is the scariest thing I have ever seen, and like the first half hour of it takes place in Lee’s Summit. #Represent). I’ve been preoccupying myself with my Maneater editor duties like brainstorm Long Reads ideas (to no avail), but overall it’s very sparse since we only have two summer issues.
Mostly, I haven’t done a thing.
Maybe after I spend a good three months being a sloth I’ll return with extra inspiration and vigor come August. (Hopefully? Please?)
In the mean time, here is a list of topics I could, theoretically, write about, but will choose not to:
- How Robin Thicke is super creepy and stalker-y and how much I love the much-deserved backlash he’s receiving
- How infuriating it is that my community college professor continuously tries to impose his personal beliefs about religion, relationships, drugs and alcohol onto us
- As I mentioned before, “Jesus Camp” = scary af
- The day I went on a manhunt and found Juan Pablo at a sports bar in Lee’s Summit
- How I’m not willing to die at the hands of Kim Jong Un because of James Franco and Seth Rogan’s movie
- Private angsty posts (which are beginning to outnumber my public posts)
- Gun control (it’ll happen one day)